Make a Pitch
A pitch is a proposal for an article relevant to the future of computing.
You can make a pitch for any of the Ubiquity article types:
- Analytic commentaries – analyzing an issue, examining trends, rethinking something
- Opinion commentaries – well grounded and defended opinions on a topic of interest in the next 1-5 years
- Tutorial commentaries – explaining a complex issue to a lay audience
- Symposia – suggestions for organizing a symposium on a topic
- Interviews – a conversation with someone who is shaping the future.
Use the pitch form to make your proposal.
You can also use the pitch form to make suggestions for articles the editors might acquire.
For guidance that will help you make a good pitch, see Phil Yaffe's "Three Acid Tests of Persuasive Writing."